As I was reading up on RSpec and Cucumber this evening I went to install cucumber and ran into this:

ERROR: While executing gem ... (NameError)
uninitialized constant Psych::Syck

Awesome. Googling it was to little avail, everyone was primarily having this issue after installation, not during or before like I was. As it turns out, there has been a change in how the Yaml was being parsed. I updated all my gems and still had the issue, so I figured it might be due to rubygems itself.

The solution was this:

gem update --system

This bug describes the issue a bit more:

comments powered by Disqus